19 December 2012

Of Cake And Hobbits

It was my 21st birthday on Monday and my parents bought me the most amazing cake from Patisserie Valerie.  It tastes amazing and there's not much left now as my whole family loves it!  I got to write my own personal message which was a lovely touch and the woman who served us couldn't help but comment on the smiley face.  

I'm going to dedicate another blog post to my presents as I got some awesome ones (*cough*CathKidston*cough*) that I'd love to share with you guys!  I was also really impressed with The Hobbit when I saw it and can't wait for the next 2 movies.  There are some bits which were never in the book which confused me but they must have been added to make the film longer.  I'm not sure how I feel about Jackson splitting the book into 3 parts as they managed to fit Frodo's huge story into 3 movies, and The Hobbit isn't a very long book!  If you've seen the movie as well I'd love to hear your opinions :)

Lastly I want to mention how incredibly happy I am with my new blog header!  I commissioned an artist called Kasey Gifford and she did an amazing job at illustrating my wolf Whimsy.  She has her own website if you'd like to see more of her work.

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cake! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? :D Best cake I've ever eaten!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!

    I've heard Unexpected Journey is basically an extended edition right out the gate - huge fans of Lord of the Rings will love it, while those new to the series will probably hate it as a standalone film. Luckily I'm with the former.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah I've talked to quite a few people about it now and many people who haven't read the book complained that it was really slow. I can't wait to see Smaug though :D

      Delete
    2. Dragon powah! I hope they get someone with an awesome voice of wisdom and power... maybe they could resurrect voiceactor Tony Jay?

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8z6C1SXQFI

      Delete
  3. I loved the Hobbit. I've read the book but a long time ago and couldn't remember a lot of it. Probably helped. But I thought it was fab. Can't wait for the next one now. Plan to re-read the book over Xmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to read it again too, just to see how much I've forgotten and also to see what Jackson added to the movie :) I think the next one is coming out in a year, I can't wait!

      Delete